Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ok, ok, I'm back to make some noise!

Hey people! Here I appear again. Well, I wasn't exactly gone. I just didn't do anything to my nails that are worth posting.

See, my nails are relatively short now. No, my leisure golfing hobby did not demand me to have short nails but it really feels more comfortable in gloves when the nails are shorter. And after having short nails over a period of time, I'm starting to like the feeling of short nails on the calculator and keyboard. The fact that I got myself an uber nails unfriendly phone further reduce my desire to keep my nails long again. Hiak hiak. Alright, fine. I was just plain freaking lazy. The novelty of playing with nails had worn off quite a fair bit. But fret not, I'm not swearing off pretty nails. A vain pot like me will not be able to resist any temptation to look pretty! In fact, I had never really stop dressing up my nails. They are just less fancy now with normal one color manicures or plain French.

Anyway, I was touched by my dear Dugong's sincerely kind gesture to update this blog which had a major weed overgrown problem, no thanks to my negligence. =X. I had promised to update it. And I will try to update it as often as possible. Maybe it won't be purely nails related but erm... ya.

Alrighty, as proposed by dear dugong, this blog entry is going to be about nail glue and the proper use of it. See, our dear dugong got a little too enthusiastic about the nail glue application and had ended up with white patches on her freshly painted nice set of manicure. A picture speaks a thousand words so here.......


Can't see?? Look again...
Yap, those were caused by excessive nail glue that had ended up dried and hardened. Quite a pity considering I really like this set of nails!

We all learn from mistakes (or rather, peoples' mistakes in this case). I had a nail glue overdose encounter before as well. It was so bad that I had to file the remaining glue off when I wanted to remove that set of manicure. Yes, it was that bad.

I believe most people had been through that path and had deduced their own set of methods complete with appropriate dosages. But for those who had not, let me save you from the agony by sharing what I have learnt through my own disaster experiences.


Try to avoid applying nail glue directly on your nail. I know it's faster and easier to apply to the nails directly but it also increase the chances of an overdose. (My own nightmare experience stems from this act as well.) Most professional manicurist apply directly too but hey, they are professional for a reason. The rational behind this is that the amount required to stick a piece of crystal is actually just a tiny dab and it's really hard to get just a tiny dab of glue on the nail via the brush or the tube. As such, it's often ended up with much more than required.

What I do is, I'll use a pair of tweezers, pick up a crystal. Place it on the opening of the glue tube (or on the brush) and just lightly dab so the crystal picks up a tiny bit of glue. That's enough, really. Then place the crystal onto your nail and press gently but firmly down on the crystal. Your coat of nail polish is probably not completely dry by then, so by pressing the crystal down, it will cause the crystal to be 'embedded' sightly into the coat, thereby increasing staying power.

Above is my method, I won't say it's the best but it had worked well for me so far. Nail glue overdose is nasty. Not only it's hard to remove, they reduce the shine of your crystals too! So ya, I hope I have helped in some way....

No comments: