Friday, December 5, 2008

Metallic Prune

Found out from the forum today that Loreal had came out with a limited edition nail polish that is supposed to have this magnetic effect. After you apply a layer of the polish on your nail, just place your nail near the magnet provided and a star burst design will appear. I saw some pictures of the effect and was very, very excited about it. Apparently, Lancome already had this product some time ago and it was limited edition as well. Anyway, I flew down to Watsons and bought all 3 colors available.

There's Copper, Metallic Grey and Metallic Prune. The grey and prune look almost the same from the bottle.
I was having very high hopes for these polishes that's why I bought all 3 at one shot. It's not exactly cheap. They cost $12.90 each. More than the price of OPI.
However, I was rather disappointed with the results. The star burst effect is not really very obvious and it does not appear every single time. Also, I just cannot get the star burst effect to appear on the copper shade. Only the prune shade work slightly better.

This is how it looks without flash
And with flash
See, I couldn't really get the effect to appear on my last finger. And can you believe that I took much longer to get this set of nails done as compared to doing other designs and sticking crystals? I'm regretting a little on this impulse buy. Maybe I shall practise a few more times. Or am I doing something wrong? Anyone knows how to make the effect more obvious?

No comments: