Sunday, January 11, 2009

Purchases #17 : Konad & Crack Paint

Finally laid my hands on a set of Konad Stamping Nail Art. I had been reading about this stamping tool and even made an online order for a set, but apparently, the order might have been lost or they are no longer taking online orders, my order never went through. And since I was in Jurong today, I dropped by Jurong Point and got myself a set. There are 3 sets available. $19.90 gets you 1 image plate, 2 special nail polish, 1 stamp and 1 scraper. $29.90 gets you 2 image plates, 3 special nail polish, 1 stamp and 1 scraper. And $39.90 gets you 3 image plates, 4 special nail polish, 1 stamp and 1 scraper. As you can see from the pictures, I got the 3rd set. I just cannot decide on just 1 or 2 image plates!! Oh yes, you can choose any image plates from a rather large collection. The special nail polish will also be of colors of your choice. I wanted to choose black, white, red and gold. But stock was out for gold so I made do with yellow. The sales assistant said that stamping can only be done using the special nail polish, normal nail polish cannot be used.
Okay, how this thing works is like this. You choose an image from the image plate you would like to have on your nails (or any other surface), then you apply a coat of the special polish onto the image and scrap off the excess with the scraper. Next, take the stamp and stamp on the image and then onto your nails (or wherever you want to image to be). And viola! Now the 'amazing' thing is that, the entire image from the stamp is transferred on the nail (ie: the stamp is clean after the image is transferred). So I guess this is why the special nail polish is required. I will try with normal nail polish in due time.

And I also bought this! Crack polish! Totally brandless! Ha ha ha! Well, I saw this the last time I was at this shop but did not buy because they did not have the color I wanted in stock. When I saw it today, I just have to get it before I regret! Erm... you see, Jurong Point is very out of the way for me...
I will create a post to show you how this crack polish work. (It's for nails, I swear!)

No comments: