Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Okay... So the picture does not look very happy but I just cannot help it. Call me a V Day grinch if you must. This Valentine's day thing is just getting way too commercialized. Go on to the streets and ask those people who are celebrating Valentine's day if they know the origin of this said day and I'm pretty sure that majority would just shake their heads. Worst, some might have the impression that it's a day when you walk around Orchard Road with flowers in your hands and where a secret little competition of who has the largest bouquet flowers takes place.

Me? Honestly, I'm not very sure what is the V day's origin, just knew it had something to do with Christian and ancient Roman tradition (or so I read). Oh well, ignore me. Maybe the magic in me had left the building, I no longer have special feelings towards any particular day on the calender.

To all those who feels love is in the air, a very Happy St Valentine's Day to all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture. I have been whining for three days because I am single this year; am not having flowers this year and have nothing romantic planned for me this year. So yes, someone please kill the stupid Cupid. Bleh.

Biangness said...

I found this picture on the net and liked it instantly. I'm so sick of all the love, love, hearts, hearts pictures and of all shops that took advantage of this to push prices sky high and the crowds everywhere...
V day doesn't have to be romantic. A get together with friends can prove much more fulfilling or even a good night's sleep would be good for the soul!